Thursday, December 27, 2012

Best of 2012: Male Characters

2012 has been an amazing year in books... and in book boys. So naturally, as I started my Best of 2012 lists, I'm kicking it off with my favorite boys. And because this is always incredibly hard for me to do, I'm doing only guys I've met in a book for the first time, so sequels, etc, are not included. Maybe in January, I'll do an overall favorite boys list but for now... here's the 2012 boys who turned me... into mush. Yeah. Mush. We'll go with that.


12. Creed (Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupala): Talk about a gentle soul, stuck in a rough situation. There is something so unbearably endearing about Creed that I fell for him from the start, and still love him even a year later.

11. Trevor (Touching the Surface by Kimberly Sabatini): He is sort of broody, sort of funny, sort of sweet. Not to mention, his shirts always change and display his thoughts, and some of them are just downright hilarious.


10.Cam (Through to You by Emily Hainsworth): How can you not love a guy who loves his now dead girlfriend so, so much, his life is almost on hold? Maybe it's pathetic, but I found it just so horribly romantic. Not to mention, there was also just something about Cam himself that totally lured me in.

9. Decker (Fracture by Megan Miranda): Decker is one of my favorite characters to both love and hate. I always shift between so angry at him, to loving him to death. It's actually probably ridiculous all the things I feel for him.


8. Jackson (Tempest by Julie Cross): I love guys who are sort of messy, who have a little baggage, who are still trying to get their eyes opened up to things. And Jackson is all that, and then some. Not just how his feelings and views towards his girlfriend change throughout the book but so much else with it, too, and he just totally gets to me.

7. Kyle (Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock): Rawr. I might have to leave it at that for my reasoning behind this one, but I'll try to expand by saying Kyle is amazing, and funny, and just the slightest bit broken. And so totally hot.

 

6. Colby (The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour): Colby really is one I can't accurately put into words. My intense love for him stems from not just who he is, but how it's laid on the pages, his mindset... how he truly feels so much, lets all of it hit him, in a way that is not only rarely captured in a male POV book but just...  isn't always that specific to a guy either. Colby is intense yet soft, gentle yet rough when he needs to be, and just so totally sweet I find myself often thinking back to him, and his story.

5. Kaiden (Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins): Umm, son of a lust demon? Yes please. But more than his physical hotness, it's his attitude, the swagger and cockiness layered over a little bit of a vulnerability and the fact he's trapped into serving his father and working for him. Kai makes me melt in so many ways.


4. Travis (Something Like Normal by Trish Doller): Travis might have broken me a little. He's kind of a shithead, yet he also is so loyal, so determined... so messed up. Not just because of what's happened while he was in Afghanistan, but things before he left and even now that he's home. He's the perfect kind of broken for me, yet not so far gone he's beyond help. Travis is freaking amazing, and hilarious on top of it with a natural wit to him that gets me. I wouldn't at all mind spending a night on a beach with him...

3. Noah (Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry): He's sexy, sweet, and charming. He's also rough on the outside but so freaking melty on the inside. Add in the story that comes with him and just how hot his kisses are, and holy crap this boy.

2. Perry (Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi): It would take forever to list all the reasons I love Perry so freaking much, but for those of you that have read the book, that line about carrying the rocks? ALL THE MELT. As if I wasn't already enamored, then that happened and I was so done for. He's honorable, yet he makes mistakes. He's determined, yet he's not without fear. He's stubborn, yet he's not close minded. He is just such a mix of so many amazing things, and if this boy was real I would seriously fight every one for him.

1. Rusty (In Honor by Jessi Kirby): No boy has made me melt quite like Rusty. He is the epitome of a shithead, of a player, of a guy you really probably want nothing to do with. Yet he is also such a mess, so freaking broken, that I couldn't stop thinking about him. He has his moments, where he's not charming because he knows how to play it but because HE really is that way. The times where he's unbearably sweet, achingly thoughtful... mixed in with all the times he messes up and hurts people. And okay, so there's also something about the way he talks and acts in general that gets me... Ahem. Yeah.


So there you guys have it. The boys of 2012 that stood out to me the most, and the ones I definitely think everyone should meet! Even if they are all neatly organized into my Boy Closet, you can still MEET them.


What are some of your favorite male characters from 2012? And who in 2013 are you excited to meet?

2 comments:

  1. YES! PERRY! I love him SO MUCH so I just adore that you added him in this! Amazing list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list- and even though I didn't read these book, I'll make an extra effort to in 2013!

    ReplyDelete