Thursday, August 4, 2011

Multicharacter Interview: Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep

It's character time again! Let's get right to it, straight from Jennifer Estep, author of Touch of Frost, and her characters!


Greetings and salutations! First of all, I want to thank Kari for having me on the blog today. Thanks so much, Kari!

So today, Kari asked me to answer some questions from the points of view of some of the characters in my Mythos Academy young adult urban fantasy series. Here goes:

Describe yourself in three words

Answer by Gwen Frost, the heroine of the series and a 17-year-old Gypsy girl Gypsy girl who has the gift of psychometry, or the ability to know an object’s history just by touching it: Sassy, sarcastic, nosy. (I can’t help being nosy since my Gypsy gift lets me uncover people’s deepest, darkest secrets just by touching them.)

How old were you when you had your first kiss?

Answer by Carson Callahan, a Celt, band geek, and the drum major of the Mythos Academy Marching Band: Um, well, I don’t really like to talk about things like that, but I was fifteen, if playing spin the bottle and other games at parties counts. (Does it count?) But I will say that there’s this girl that I’ve got my eye on at the academy. I’m planning on asking her out, and I hope that she says yes …

What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?

Answer by Jasmine Ashton, a Valkyrie who’s the most popular girl at the academy: I thought about how awesome my life is. I’m rich, beautiful, powerful, and I have a gorgeous boyfriend. My life is perfect – just like it should be.

Who’s your celebrity crush?

Answer by Daphne Cruz, a Valkyrie who loves the color pink and is a member of the Tech Club: Chris Helmsworth because he was so cute as Thor.

What kind of cookie would you describe yourself as?

Answer by Grandma Frost, Gwen’s grandmother who loves to bake: I’d describe myself as a chocolate chip cookie – an old classic that’s been around forever that everyone loves.

So there you have it. Some answers from the characters of Mythos Academy.

What about you guys? How would you answer some of the questions?

Jennifer Estep writes the Mythos Academy youcng adult urban fantasy series for Kensington. The books focus on Gwen Frost, a 17-year-old Gypsy girl who has the gift of psychometry, or the ability to know an object’s history just by touching it. After a serious freak-out with her magic, Gwen is shipped off to Mythos Academy, a school for the descendants of ancient warriors like Spartans, Valkyries, Amazons, and more.

Touch of Frost, the first book in the series, was published on July 26. First Frost, a prequel e-story to the series, is available now as a 99-cent download. Kiss of Frost, the second book, will hit shelves on Nov. 29. Visit www.jenniferestep.com for excerpts and more information.

2 comments:

  1. Describe yourself in 3 words : smart, asian, insecure.

    How old were you when you had your first kiss? Uhh, the jury's still out on that. I haven't had a kiss on the lips yet.

    What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
    To sister : Get away from me. I don't wanna wake up.
    Who’s your celebrity crush?

    What kind of cookie would you describe yourself as?
    Snickerdoodle. I have some surprises in me when you dig a little deeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urgirlconnie -- Very cool. I like your answer to the cookie question.

    ReplyDelete