Saturday, July 30, 2011

In My Mailbox + Kiersten White's Signing

Kiersten White was in Dallas this week to celebrate Supernaturally's release, so of course I went. I love those books, and that woman, and seeing as to how there is a character named after me in the book then I HAD to have Kiersten Sign my page. And yes. She did sign it. With a heart. Yep. Awesome.

So with that, I bring you guys what books I got this week, and some photos from the signing. Yay!

For Review:
Prized (Birthmarked #2) by Caragh M. O'Brien
Kane Richards Must Die by Shanice Williams
Death Sentence (Escape from Furnace #3) by Alexander Gordon Smith
Boy vs Girl by Na'ima B. Robert
(Huge thanks to Roaring Book Press, Shanice Williams + Lands Atlantic Publishing, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, and Frances Lincoln Childrens Books)

Won From Mindi Scott:
Totally marked up copy of Freefall with notes from her on EVERY page. It. Is. Amazing. 

Bought: 
Supernaturally by Kiersten White
Ripple by Mandy Hubbard
Kiss of Death (Scarlett Wakefield #4) by Lauren Henderson
Sometimes it Happens by Lauren Barnholdt
The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan


So that was what I got this week! IMM is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.

Now for the pics from Kiersten's signing! And let me say, this woman is seriously hysterical. I cannot even describe how great it is to listen to her talk, and all the tangents she takes, and the natural humor that pretty much finds its way into every sentence she says. If you ever have the chance to go to one of her signings or events, GO. No excuses.

She looks so innocent. I suspect she's not. I also can't tell you what she was actually talking about here, but at one point she said how awesome Texas is so we'll go with that. Because she's right.

About to read her favorite passage in the book! It's a good one too...

Signing! But not my book, because I kind of forgot to take the picture while she signed mine, so this is for my best friend. Which is kind of like me by proxy so it works.

And obligatory photo time! I feel so tall... 

So there you have it! My wee in books and authorly stuff. Yay!

7 comments:

  1. You got some really great books this week! Supernatrually was pretty bleepin awesome and Freefall looks SO good!

    Happy reading! ^-^

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to meet Kiersten! Lucky! I love her writing and can't wait to read Supernaturally! Glad you had fun!

    My IMM goes up tomorrow, be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toby looks pretty happy in the first picture. Love the pictures from the signing. Your outfit is cute & Kiersten looks all summery. Okay,so this time I didn't comment on the books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome IMM this week! Kiersten sounds so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh meeting Kiersten White sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you had a good time.

    Also, Ripple looks fantastic. I've got to get my hands on that one!

    ReplyDelete