Friday, June 24, 2011

Character Interview: Curtis from Fairy Bad Day

Yep, it's that time again: in which I get to interview a hot YA boy! Today's charmer is Curtis, a dragon slayer from Amanda Ashby's Fairy Bad Day. So check out the interview, and find out the answers to some of my most burning hot boy dragon slayer questions.


When you were designated as the dragon slayer, what was your first thought?

I actually felt really bad because I knew how much Emma wanted to slay dragons (and don’t tell her that I said this, but the girl is wicked with a sword in her hand). So I tried to talk Kessler out of the idea. Unfortunately, I quickly learnt that trying to tell the principal of your slaying academy how to do their job is NOT a good idea and so I didn’t feel like I had much of a choice. Especially since my only other alternative would’ve been to leave Burtonwood. Not something that I wanted to do.

What was your first impression of Emma?

My first impression of Emma was that she was focused, hard-working and could kick some major ass. Unfortunately, it wasn’t until I inadvertently took her dragon slaying spot that it turned out the only ass she wanted to kick was mine. Which meant that my secondimpression of her was a little bit different and she suddenly became belligerent, annoying and determined to give me a hard time. In truth I probably should’ve hated her for it, but the thing I could totally see how she was feeling (oh, and I wasn’t joking about the ass-kicking. She can be fierce when she wants to be).

Who is your celebrity crush?

Sam from iCarly. She’s almost as tough as Emma is, plus she makes me laugh!!!!

Describe your perfect first kiss.

My perfect first kiss would be with someone I really like. I don’t mind where we are as long as we’re together, but you know it would be nice if there was no blood, no injuries and definitely no elemental creatures trying to kill us.

What kind of cookie would you describe yourself as?

I’m an Oreo. From the outside I look like all together but sometimes I think there are two parts of me, one that I don’t like to talk about and the other one that most people see. Plus you know, I’m sweet and . . . ouch! Emma just punched me and told me not to be so cheesy. She would also like you all to know that apparently I’m not an Oreo I’m a Ritz cracker. Oh, please. I’m so not a Ritz cracker. I mean they are boring and I bet you would never see a Ritz cracker trying to slay a rogue dragon with only a sword and a dagger and . . . ouch! Seriously, enough with the punching. Anyway, Emma has just informed me that okay, so maybe I’m not a Ritz cracker but I’m definitely a chocolate-chip cookie. Okay, that sounds good to me. Er, what was the question again?


Thank you, Curtis, for taking the time out to answer my questions, and congrats, Amanda, on another release!

And now for this tour stop's scavenger hunt letter: E

Check out each of the stops on the tour and collect all the letters, then stop by Amanda's blog June 25 to unscramble the letters and enter for a fun prize pack!

1 comment:

  1. I love his reply to what was your first impression of Emma.
    I want this book!

    ReplyDelete