Thursday, July 15, 2010

Author Interview: Tricia Rayburn

Dropping by today is Tricia Rayburn, author of the new release Siren. This is Tricia's first YA book though she has a great MG series already out. Take some mysterious killings and a dead sister with some things she kept hidden, add in a secret boyfriend that goes missing and top it off with a budding romance and some investigation and you get the premise of Siren. Interested? Good. Now on to the interview!


If you were to find out the body of a loved one washed up with an ear to ear grin on their face, what would be your response (not just that she's dead)?

The situation’s so difficult to imagine I think I’d automatically assume my loved one was playing a very cruel practical joke! When it finally became clear he or she wasn’t, I’d probably break down and/or pass out before becoming coherent enough to contact authorities. No matter what, I’m sure I’d be haunted by the image for the rest of my life.

If you could pair Vanessa and Simon with any character from any book, what would be your picks for them?

This pairing with other characters would be strictly platonic, yes? :) Since they both deal with loss, I think Vanessa would get along well with Eli from Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen. And Simon could learn a thing or two from Katniss in The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

What is the most private thing you're willing to share here?

I was so homesick my freshman year of college I begged my mom to let me transfer to a local state school. To her credit, she flat-out refused, and I ended up loving where I was!

You're stranded on a desert island. What piece of sports equipment would you like to have for company?

A kayak! If that’s cheating, then a fishing pole. For some reason I think I’d have trouble spearing my dinner the way most solo islanders do!

What kind of cookie would you describe yourself as?

A Snickerdoodle. It’s a sweet classic!

Thank you, Tricia, for stopping by with those great answers. Everyone, be sure to stop by your local bookstore and pick Siren- it shelves just this past Tuesday. Not to mention, the cover is awesome and the eyes are shiny.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this interview--loved the answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful interview!! I love the cover of the book and am now dying to get my hands on a copy!! By the way - love snickerdoodles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, do cookies have names? I never thought about it here in Brazil. LOL. It's pretty interesting, though. Fun interview! I love Tricia, ok? And I cannot wait to read SIREN now even more that I have won it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great interview. Siren sound like a book I need to read. and Rayburn does sound sweet and classic.

    ReplyDelete