Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Author Interview: Cyn Balog

Happy release day to Cyn Balog of Sleepless, a novel about love been a sandman and his charge. To celebrate, Cyn has dropped by to answer a few questions.


Which part of Eron did you enjoy writing more- the scenes where he had to watch Julia from afar or the brief times of solidity where he was able to be physically with her?

Probably the scenes where he was watching from afar, because there was so much tension built in there already, since he wanted to be with her so badly. So it was easier. And I like it when the writing is easier! But Eron was always fun; it was interesting having him interact with Julia because he was from a time 100 years before but didn't want Julia to know that, so he was often making mistakes and trying to cover for them.

If given the chance, would you want to be a sandman and bound by their rules?

I don't know; I think I would be a lot like Griffin. He is the new Sandman recruit, who doesn't really like the job, and Eron is an old one, who is rather stiff and proper. Griffin doesn't get why Sandmen can't peek in the underwear drawers of their charges and raise a little hell. I think it would be awfully boring, lulling the same person to sleep night after night, never able to interact with them at all.

If you could pair Eron and Julia with any characters from any book, what would be your pick for them?

Romantically? I would pair Julia with one of the Twilight boys because Bella never deserved to have two of them fighting over her. And Eron, because he was so proper and stiff, probably would have fun with Dulcie from Going Bovine. She could loosen him up.

What is the most private thing you're willing to share here?

I don't know my left from my right. I always have to think about it a moment.

What is the most fearless thing you've done to date?

I went white-water rafting on the Dead River in Maine and got tossed into the icy Class 5 rapids and didn't cry. It's fearless because I cry about everything. The proposal I'm working on now is loosely based on that experience.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what piece of sports equipment would you want to keep you company?

Does a boat count? Boating is sporting, isn't it? But I guess then I wouldn't be stranded.

What kind of cookie would you describe yourself as?

Definitely something with a lot of nuts. As this interview has proved.

Thank you, Cyn, for stopping by and make sure you goes pick up Sleepless today!

5 comments:

  1. I'm dying to read this. Sounds wonderful. Fun interview! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this interview! Sleepless was awesome, I hope everyone goes out and buys it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I have problems with my left and right some times to. Then I hold my hands out and form L's LOL Sad

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete